Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Super Easy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pie

Yesterday I got the urge to make a pie, and I have a love for cold foods {especially cereal} so I thought why not make a cold peanut butter pie! The recipe I used was strictly peanut butter filling but I added my own chocolate topping, you can find the ingredients and directions for both below. Enjoy! Xo



p.s. mine turned out very rich so cut small slices


Ingredients:

8 ounces cream cheese

1 cup powdered sugar

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
16 ounces Cool Whip

1 pre-made pie crust

Directions:

In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and cool whip until well blended. Pour into the pre-made pie crust. Drizzle a little chocolate syrup on the top. Refrigerate. 


Chocolate Topping:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons brown sugar

Combine chocolate chips and butter in a small bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and mix well, then distribute evenly over peanut butter filling.

4 comments:

  1. yumm!! i need to come try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chocolate. I love peanut butter. I'm trying this:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great!! Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good! I will have to try it soon!

    http://fromdenimtodessert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'd love to hear from you!