Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Before & After: Dining Room Chairs

I recently told you about our Craigslist find and showed you Part 1 of my dining room DIY. While the table was such a steal it definitely need two more chairs for the head of the table. I dug out these chairs from my grandmother's garage and spruced them up a bit to add just the right eclectic touch. I love how they are so different than the standard chairs that came with the table. The fabric used to cover the cushions was also from my grandmother, just bits of the plethora of things she has lying around. So all in all, this project cost me around $3 dollars for spray paint, success!


Before:


I dissembled the cushion and spray painted the chairs black.


These cushions already had foam so all I had to do was keep my stripes straight and pull the fabric taut over the edges and secure with a staple gun.


After that, I screwed the cushions back on to the chairs.


Finished Product!!


What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. great job! I love the stripes and I like that you have the black chairs with the white table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you placed the striped fabric on the end chairs only..... :))))
    Nice job!

    www.madebygirl.com
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely cute! I love black&white :)

    xo,
    Jenna
    http://sevenstylenotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Perfect chairs for the head of the table...

    xxo Kelly
    Glamourous Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! that is a huge make over! loving the final results. I love the chairs by themselves they make such a statement because of the striped fabric, also loving the total set including the table. Amazing contrast between white and black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment.

    The chairs look so much better after your make over, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I love this! Now i want some new chairs!!!

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! I'd love to hear from you!